A Game of 20 Questions with Ruby Isaac
This week, we have something a bit different that we are beyond excited for... Ruby Isaac from the UK!
Ruby is a 10 year old cyclist, who was recently on Little Big Shots in America with Steve Harvey and would love to be a professional cyclist one day. How awesome is that?! She is also a Specialized ambassador and her YouTube channel is guaranteed to brighten up your day and put a smile on your face due to cuteness overload, big time!
Meet Ruby Isaac
Location: Kettering, UK
1. How long have you been riding bikes?
About 4 years
2. How did you get acquainted with cycling?
My brother is a bit older than me so he could ride a bike, so I wanted to have a go. My gran then thought me
3. What kind of riding do you do? (track, mtb, road, cx, all of the above, etc)
I do track and road but also a bit of cyclocross in the winter, I would like to do a bit of mountain biking too
4. How many bikes have you owned throughout your time cycling?
Probably about 6
5. How many bikes do you currently own?
I have my road bike, a track bike, mountain bike and bmx
6. What is your dream bike?
I love my current bike, it’s really cool as it has SRAM etap
7. What is your most memorable cycling experience?
Probably filming with my bike in Hollywood that was really cool, they filmed riding around the Hollywood hills which was amazing but really hot
8. How many of your friends ride bikes?
We have just done bike ability at school, so all my friends were able to take their bikes into school and they thought us how to ride, it was cool riding with all my friends
9. Do you prefer riding alone, in a small group or a large group?
I ride mostly with my dad and brother, recently I rode part of stage one of the Tour De France with 13 awesome ladies, we were in a big group and it was amazing
10. Have you ever travelled with your bike? Where?
Yes, to Hollywood and recently to France
11. What is the biggest challenge you faced when you started riding bikes?
I think it was my first race, there was a big hill and I really struggled to get up it
12. What are your cycling goals for this year?
I’m looking forward to racing at the Junior Tour Of Assen, this will be really cool. But mainly to have fun on my bike
13. What is your post-ride ritual?
Well I made a video of me eating Haribo copying Peter Sagan, so maybe it’s that
14. Bibs or non-bibs?
15. Do you believe that your socks should be at least 5” long, or, short?
My socks are always really short, really short
16. What is your hairstyle preference while cycling?
I like a pony tail, like Laura Kenny
17. What snacks are always in your jersey pocket?
I sometimes eat a banana just before a race or if I’m a bit hungry
18. Cycling specific sunglasses or casual glasses?
I have a little pair of white glasses with purple lenses, they are my favorite
19. Bar tape loud and bright, or black and classic?
At the moment my bar tape is black, but I think I would like pink bar tape
20. What advice would you give to other women who are just starting out?
Just have fun, cycling is awesome, and try different things on your bike. Just enjoy it
Stay tuned for next week's feature... If you want to be featured, fill in our ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE. We would love to feature ALL women who ride bikes, regardless of where they are from, their age, ability or experience level.