A Game of 20 Questions with Jessica Delorme
For this week's feature we are back to our home base of Vancouver, BC with a local cyclist and explorer Jessica!
Meet Jessica Delorme
Location: Vancouver, BC
Follow Jessica on Instagram: @pattis.myth
1. How long have you been riding bikes?
I have always enjoyed riding bikes, but have been riding more regularly since moving to Vancouver in 2008
2. How did you get acquainted with cycling?
I guess I started by using cycling as a way to explore Vancouver, which then led to exploring other places. I really enjoy seeing the world that way.
3. What kind of riding do you do? (track, mtb, road, cx, all of the above, etc)
Road, cross, MTB
4. How many bikes have you owned throughout your time cycling?
5. How many bikes do you currently own?
6. What is your dream bike?
I guess would say my current bike just because I’m attached to it. It’s an adventure style road bike, which I use for a lot of different things including road riding and cyclocross. It’s taken me so many places on and off road. In terms of what I don’t have, I have been keeping my eye on this season’s higher end Cannondale road bikes.
7. What is your most memorable cycling experience?
My partner took me on the Maui loop prior to me really getting into cycling. It was a really challenging ride for me at that time since I had not really ridden much before. The crazy beautiful scenery made it so memorable.
8. How many of your friends ride bikes?
Most of my friends, I would guess about 70%
9. Do you prefer riding alone, in a small group or a large group?
Small group or alone
10. Have you ever traveled with your bike? Where?
I’ve mostly only explored the gulf islands by bike. Recently Pender and Salt Spring.
11. What is the biggest challenge you faced when you started riding bikes?
When I began riding I would map out routes trying to avoid hills, and then quickly realized the only way to get better at climbing, is to climb.
12. What are your cycling goals for this year?
More mountains, more adventures
13. What is your post-ride ritual?
Shower and relax. Post ride beer if it’s a group ride.
14. Bibs or non-bibs?
15. Do you believe that your socks should be at least 5” long, or, short?
Whatever makes you happy
16. What is your hairstyle preference while cycling?
17. What snacks are always in your jersey pocket?
I like those gomacro bars and those lemon gu gels (matcha scratch in my water bottle)
18. Cycling specific sunglasses or casual glasses?
Currently Oakley Jawbreakers, but I go through phases.
19. Bar tape loud and bright, or black and classic?
20. What advice would you give to other women who are just starting out?
The only way to get better at riding is to ride. Start for rides by your self if riding with other people feels to intimidating. It’s a good way to get stronger and to build up your confidence.
Stay tuned for next week's feature... If you want to be featured, fill in our ONLINE QUESTIONNAIRE. We would love to feature ALL women who ride bikes, regardless of where they are from, their age, ability or experience level.